Honest Runner

Running keeps me healthy, blogging keeps me honest.
Being vegan lets me sleep at night.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back at it, again

After doing a lot of hiking these past two weeks, I'm back in the mindset to run again. This morning I got up and ran a nice two-miler - not a big run, not even my formerly usual three-miler, but a run nonetheless.

I am happy that there wasn't a big change in my fitness level or speed, so I'll just keep at the two-mile distance for a week or so, then increase up to three miles. I considered starting a 5K training program through the local running store, but I think I'll do it on my own for a while until there's a 10K program later this season. I still have the pesky mid-hamstring pain in my left leg -- I noticed this quite a bit on some of my hikes, too, especially on the uphill portion. I'll keep monitoring it.

I need to focus on consistency, so I'm going to follow up each run with a post when I can. Just to put the period on the run.

There are two elements for me to add to my physical fitness routine - yoga and upper body (=pushups). For now, however, I'm content with running and hiking.

Pics from my hikes...
August 23 - Bumpass Hell and beyond
August 30 - Cluster Lakes with Sierra Club


Distance: 2.02 miles
Time: 22:50
Avg Pace: 11:19 min

No comments: