Honest Runner

Running keeps me healthy, blogging keeps me honest.
Being vegan lets me sleep at night.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday Runnin'

Today I ran another two miles! I developed some soreness in my quadriceps after Wednesday's run, but I decided to run through it at an easy pace. So far so good! I REALLY need to incorporate some yoga into my routine, but I haven't done that yet.

It's not officially fall yet, but fall is in the air. I'm running without headphones, so all I hear is my breathing, my footsteps, and suburban nature. Today, I could hear the tiny crinkling sounds of the almond leaves as they dropped to the ground. The almond harvest has begun in earnest. Trees are shaking all over my neighborhood, which raises a tremendous amount of dust. This morning's run was on a different route from my usual one.

Anyway, it's going to be hot around here today, so I'm glad to have gotten my run finished before the heat really kicks in. As it was, it was about 80F!

I'm going over to my friend's house tonight for dinner -- I'm making vegan lasagna and also a batch of mini-cupcakes with frosting. It's a good thing I'm running again, so I can sort of afford these caloric splurges.

Distance: 2.01 miles
Time: 22:01
Avg Pace: 10:58 min

2 comments:

Christie said...

I'm glad to see that you're back.

Jeannie said...

It's GOOD to be back! I'm trying to keep it simple and consistent. No race goal yet.