Honest Runner

Running keeps me healthy, blogging keeps me honest.
Being vegan lets me sleep at night.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Serendipity

Today I decided to try running in the park right after work. I don't know about you, but for me, inertia starts to develop the moment I walk in the door and soon it becomes a terrible, terrible effort to step away from the computer and put on my running shoes. So today I laced up when I got in my car and drove over to the park already dressed in my running gear.

Lo and behold, I ran into an old running friend from a training program a few years ago. She runs at about my pace, probably a little faster, but we start running together to see how it goes. She didn't want to run too fast in the miserable heat and humidity. It was so nice to run with someone and chat about stuff. Really nice! Even better, she has formed a little informal group of running buddies and is also involved with a small training program that is just now opening up to a few new runners in training. I've been wanting to get some coaching for the tempo/"speed" and core workouts and that's exactly what this little program will be!

Sometimes I feel so lucky. But it's really about being ready to take advantage of the coincidence as it appears to you.

Today's run was a muggy little three-mile jaunt.

No comments: