Honest Runner

Running keeps me healthy, blogging keeps me honest.
Being vegan lets me sleep at night.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Marathon-bound

This weekend I impulsively signed up for a marathon in August 2014, just because the registration fee was discounted. And because I want to have a goal to keep me running consistently for a year. I've started running on a regular basis and have found that my already-slow pace has increased by about a minute per mile. If I run a marathon at this pace, I will be running for a little over five hours. At one point, I had an inner gatekeeper that told me that it would be foolish to run a five-hour marathon, but today, since it seems that five hours is all I will be capable of, the gatekeeper stepped aside and proudly invited me to do my best. And so I shall.

No comments: