Honest Runner

Running keeps me healthy, blogging keeps me honest.
Being vegan lets me sleep at night.

Friday, September 12, 2008

On the road...

Although I am traveling for work today, I got up early and ran two miles. On the street, on the sidewalk in front of the hotel - back and forth maybe two times. Cool and nice, very windy in one direction, not so windy in the other. Thank goodness for the Garmin, a reliable mile-keeper even in strange places. I mostly had the sidewalk to myself, so not too scary. One truck full of landscapers passed by, and I noticed that at least one of the gardeners inside craned his neck around to get a better look at me. That was a little inkling of the dangers of running in the suburbs.

Overhead I heard, but did not see, Canada geese. I saw them yesterday, as I was going to dinner with my co-workers. 'Tis the season.

There were crows heading out to wherever crows go this morning, just like on my morning run at home. It is comforting to be in the presence of crows. And lucky for me, crows are smart, adaptable, and weedy -- when we corrupt and destroy most of the rest of the planet's natural systems, I hope that at least crows will remain, if not prosper.

Distance: 2.00 miles
Time: 22:18
Avg Pace: 11:10 min / mile

No comments: