Honest Runner

Running keeps me healthy, blogging keeps me honest.
Being vegan lets me sleep at night.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Week 9 Day 1

Hey, this post is not a mistake...I'm re-doing Week 9 because I never finished it last week. Today I was back on the treadmill doing my usual run, a lot like last week!

I am really happy that my stamina has increased so that I can run for 36 minutes straight to complete a full three-mile run. I'm going into new territory here. Not just longer distances and longer running times, but also the discipline to keep going, even though the sedentary arms of the sofa nearly grabbed me back and held me prisoner. I had planned to run several times last week, starting on Thursday night. Then Friday, Saturday, well...you get the picture. That old inertia is still lurking in my psyche, that's for sure.

That's why this week is critical. I don't want to fall into a pattern of excuses following my Monday run. I have to do some traveling this week for work, which means that it will be very easy for me to skip running. My very short-term goal is to complete Wednesday's run as scheduled. If I can do that, I will be very happy with myself.

No comments: