Honest Runner

Running keeps me healthy, blogging keeps me honest.
Being vegan lets me sleep at night.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Week 9 Day 1

I haven't been too consistent this week, I'm afraid. I didn't run on Monday like I planned, so I ran on Tuesday morning outside. We were leaving for MacWorld in San Francisco at 10am, so I started at 9am. Outside, in the real world.

I felt really good in the first part of the run, but then got too tired toward the end and stopped running before I made my 30-minute mark. When I downloaded the data from the Garmin (which is the fun part about running outdoors!), it turned out that I was running way too fast. When I'm on the treadmill I run a steady 12-minute mile (5mph), but when I ran outside my average pace was about 10:30-mile, so no wonder I was tired!

I also gave myself a case of shin splints, I think. My shins were really sore -- the first real soreness I've experienced since I started C25K. I used this soreness to postpone my Wednesday run from Wednesday to now Friday.

Carry on!

No comments: