Honest Runner

Running keeps me healthy, blogging keeps me honest.
Being vegan lets me sleep at night.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Miles Increase

After my 'long' run on Sunday, I decided to see how I felt about increasing the length of my weekday easy run to 2.5 miles. Turns out, it's doable! What a concept--the body responds to challenges. This morning I actually ran a bit further than 2.5 miles and the hardest part, oddly, was the middle of the run at the turnaround point. I can't explain it, but it was very tempting to walk for a bit. I decided not to, however, because past experience has told me that tactic just causes me to lose all momentum.

So, I pushed through the mental block and just kept going.

Thought for the day: I am doing something at the age of 44 that I have never voluntarily done since childhood--and even in childhood, I didn't enjoy it as much as I do now. Go figure.

1 comment:

Christie said...

I know what you mean. When I did an out and back route, the turnaround was hard. Especially when the first half of the run is mostly downhill. Then you realize you have to finish the next half going uphill. Yeah, it's very tempting to just walk home. I haven't done an out and back route for a while now.