Honest Runner

Running keeps me healthy, blogging keeps me honest.
Being vegan lets me sleep at night.

Monday, December 31, 2007

Week 7 - Day 1

I successfully completed Week 7 / Day 1 of C25K today, which is a 25-minute run, the same as last Friday. Having completed last week's run made it much more difficult to come up with a good excuse to not complete today's run, so I just kept running even though I thought about quitting.

Even with that, it was much easier to get started and keep running this time than last time. The last 8 minutes or so were hard because I kept thinking, "Geez, when is this run over?" I'm still using the Robert Ullrey podcast, but because these are straight runs now, I can conceivably start running to my own music.

I've been running exclusively on the treadmill since starting C25K. It's winter: the days are short, it's cold (to me, anyway) and I'm shy about running outside. Then I see these blogs from other people who are running in the snow, for heaven's sake, and loving it, which makes me feel like such a wimp. Well, so be it.

So I think I will try a short run outside tomorrow. On level ground and if the weather is nice. To commemorate the New Year. The new me. This stranger inside me who can run 25 minutes straight and not complain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so totally inspiring!!!=]