Honest Runner

Running keeps me healthy, blogging keeps me honest.
Being vegan lets me sleep at night.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Challenges and Goals!

I'm doing battle with the scale these days...I've gained about 10 pounds so now I am a little chubbier than I like to be and almost out of room in my current pants. I have a great deal of incentive to lose this weight, because if I don't I will need to go shopping to buy a new wardrobe. And I really hate shopping, even in thrift stores.

The main reason for this weight gain, I think, is that I have become pretty lazy. So I am setting a goal to get in shape so I can be ready to start the next Fleet Feet half-marathon training program, which starts January 2. The target race is one that I've run before, the Sacramento Shamrock'n. The fitness threshold for this program is the following: be able to run 6 miles and be running about 20 miles/week. And of course, be injury-free. So, that's my goal from now through December.

Wish me luck! I want to keep wearing my old clothes!

Here are the tools I'm using for the next month to keep me active; I'll have to layer in running as well.

VIPs - a local running strength and training group that meets twice a week
Run to the Finish - Holiday Challenge Edition
High Intensity Interval Training - Beginners

Cheers!

No comments: